Sunday, June 15, 2008

Lomography/Double Exposed

Recently I've become interested in photography a bit (I want to buy a Holga, though not specifically the LOMO one..).
I've noticed a growing popularity with 'happy accident' photos and old, retro looking photos (perhaps relating to the discontinuation of polaroids?).
Staple has done a collaboration with Lomography (LOMO) called Colorsplash Chakras. They will be releasing a camera called 'The Colorsplash' as well as a photobook which consists of photos taken by the Lomographic Community.








(all photos from Jeffstaple's blog)
Eric Nakamura (of Giant Robot) also recently wrote about a LOMO camera he received. You can read about it on his blog.

Another interesting thing I came across while researching Holgas was a flickr community, A Tale of Two Cities.
This community utilizes double exposures; one person shoots a roll then sends it to someone in a different city to shoot over it.I like the idea of combining two different places, and some of the results work surprisingly well.
(none of the photos below are photoshopped)








(all images from A Tale of Two Cities)

1 comment:

Roland said...

omg those cameras are SIIIICK! multicolor and all that wholesomeness. a COP INDEED! u find your i-D magazine yet????