I'll begin with graphic designer Paul Rand. Ever see an Apple 'Think Different' poster? Recognize the corporate identities UPS and IBM (among others)? These all began with Paul Rand. In his life he had an amazing amount of work from identity to editorial to packaging.




(All images from FFFOUND)
To see more of his work (because these don't begin to show the vastness of his work) check his official website.
Another person I came across was Mike Perry. His work (to me) is somewhat reminiscent of Ed Fella or Geoff McFetridge (whom I blogged about before, here) with a lot of hand-done work. He has a lot of work and a long list of very recognizeable clients. Perry a works in a plethora of different fields from illustration to type to art direction.




(All images from his official website)
Following the hand-done aesthetic, illustrator Marcus Walters' work utilizes a lot of playful color, text, and simple shapes in different ways such as drawing, screenprinting, computer graphics, or cut paper and sometimes combining them. His work is very fresh and has a childlike feeling.




(all images from his official website)

No comments:
Post a Comment