Tuesday, June 10, 2008

June 10th Album Releases

Today seems the day to release albums. Today Seeing Sounds (N.E.R.D.'s 3rd album), Tha Carter III (Lil' Wayne's 6th album, final of the Carter trilogy), and ...And Justus For All (Little Brother's 4th album) were all released.



Seeing Sounds tracklist
1 "Time for Some Action"
2 "Everyone Nose (All the Girls Standing in the Line for the Bathroom)"
3 "Windows"
4 "Anti Matter"
5 "Spaz"
6 "Yeah You"
7 "Sooner or Later"
8 "Happy"
9 "Kill Joy"
10 "Love Bomb"
11 "You Know What"
12 "Laugh About It"
13 "Lazer Gun" (UK & Japan bonus track)
(bolded songs recommended)

I found this album to be probably the most enjoyable overall out of the three albums. I wasn't really feeling N.E.R.D. before, but I found songs on this album getting stuck in my head. While I didn't enjoy every single song, I didn't find any of them annoying either. And, for now, I think "Laugh About It" is my favorite.



Tha Carter III tracklist
1 "3 Peat"
2 "Mr. Carter"
3 "A Milli"
4 "Got Money"
5 "Comfortable"
6 "Dr. Carter"
7 "Phone Home"
8 "Tie My Hands"
9 "Mrs. Officer"
10 "Let the Beat Build"
11 "Shoot Me Down"
12 "Lollipop"
13 "La La"
14 "Playing With Fire"
15 "You Ain't Got Nuthin"
16 "DontGetIt"
17 "Lollipop (Remix)"
18 "Prostitute 2"
(bolded songs recommended)

I hadn't heard a lot of Lil' Wayne before this album (I mostly just liked his song "I Feel Like Dying"). Choosing songs to recommend for this album was a little strange because I think the whole thing in general is a good listen the whole way through (Though "Mr. Carter" war probably one of the most stand-out tracks to me). To listen to it you'd probably have to have an ear for Lil' Wayne's style (the lyrics are nothing very substantial or meaningful, but you know, not everything always is..), and if you do I think it's definitely worth it.


(I will come back and edit in a review once I have/hear this whole album.)



...And Justus For All tracklist
1 "Can't Stop Us" feat. Chaundon
2 "Delusional" feat. Oddisee
3 "Life Of The Party Remix" feat. Skillz and Carlitta Durand
4 "Best Kept Secret" feat. Legacy
5 "Do It To Death" feat. Rhymefest and Supastition
6 "A Word From Our Sponsors" feat. Von Pea (of Tanya Morgan)
7 "Too Late For Us" feat. Tye Phoenix
8 "Cool As A Fan"
9 "Never Leave"
10 "The Pressure"
11 "Lose It" feat. Jozeemo
12 "Fan Mail" feat. Joe Scudda, Darien Brockington
13 "Stylin" feat. Oh No
14 "Cross That Line" (Remix) feat. Kardinal Offishall
15 "Back At It (Remix)" feat. Cormega
16 "Time Of Your Life" feat. Carlitta Durand (Produced By: Designated Hitters)
(bolded songs recommended)

This album was also a good listen (if you're into Little Brother). I think I enjoy the original version of "Life of the Party" more than the remix, but overall I found this album enjoyable. For me, "Do it to Death" was one of the most memorable songs (but that may be because I like Rhymefest). It's a pretty chill album over all to just play all the way through.

No comments: