
The current issue of Giant Robot (#53) has a nice article about Yayoi Kusama, which is great considering I could find almost nothing about her in English. The article discusses her anti-war Happenings and her time in New York in the late '50s to early '70s.
I was also very surprised to see an interview with Japanese photographer Ninagawa Mika. Shes been one of my favorites for the past few years and I see almost nothing in English about her either. Her photos are very colorful with great contrast. She also directed the movie Sakuran (2006), which I didn't especially like (then again, I never read the manga), but the colors were beautiful. The way the film was shot really reflected her work. And I was really happy to see her keep her fish theme she had going in some of her photos before the movie.
Anyway, I definitely recommend picking up this issue if you get the chance!

No comments:
Post a Comment