The first pair of 'poop pants' I ever saw was by a Korean brand called 'dozysavant' (and listen to the song on the website, because I can't get it out of my head). I didn't actually call them 'poop pants'; my roommate told me that people call them that (who? I have no idea..). After seeing it from there, I began to notice a lot of designers' (who usually have interesting cuts anyway) own 'poop pants'. Generally the crotch of the pants are a lot lower than usual and the bottom is skinny or tapered. I think those are basically the only requirements..

My mom believes they're meant to make a person look like they're sagging even when they aren't (better shown in the photo below), but I tend to disagree.

Anyway, here are more of the pants I've see around..
Henrik Vibskov's men's Spring/Summer 08 Collection:

"Dyken" trouser

"Dyken" short
Markus Heumer : Unit's men's Spring/Summer 07 Collection

jersey "Pyjama" sweatpant (this one is a bit more subtle.)
Bless' unisex collection Autumn/Winter Collection

Sarouel trouser
Best Behavior (I'm not sure which collection actually, but I'm assuming the most recent one..)

(on the right)
I think they are sort of reminiscent of:

... but in all honesty I kind of like them.
wearability? I'm not so sure about that one. I don't mind, but that could be a whole different story for the general public. It does seem a little bit ridiculous. Then again, shutter shades seemed to make it pretty well into the general public and those aren't exactly the most useful sunglasses..
What do you guys think?
(all images from dozysavant, sevennewyork, trespluscool, and google)
Ok, it looks like (once again) I'm a little late in the game. I won't pretend that I pay that much attention to fashion week, so you can read/see a little more of the 'poop pants' (though dubbed the 'mc hammer pants' in the article) here.
Wearability... spotted! at Troop. The photographer for Epik High's Vogue photo shoot wears Bless' Sarouel trouser poop pants just fine..

how about you?
edit: Apparently they are popularly called 'drop crotch pants' as well. I think its kind of catchy.

2 comments:
i like the bless pair. i'd actually want to buy those.
the dozy ones are just funny. they'd be fun to have for shits n giggles.
just hit up the troop site. cool stuff. haha, i like how they take their pictures in suidobashi. i'll take you there and you can pretend to be in their shoot. hahaha.
...i like the music. i need to find me the dozy and troop songs. lol.
Post a Comment